Tuesday 22 September 2015

Shifting the Smile - Freeing up some ports on AgoBo

This week I finally got around to setting up the code for the shift register I soldered onto AgoBo's 
prototyping board several months ago.


I used one of the preset positions for chips so it was relatively easy to add the board and some resistors to keep everything safe.

The seven segment display was then reconnected to the outputs and the head scratching began. I had a good look at the data sheet to get everything connected up then tried to sort out some test code to get the smile back on AgoBo's face.

I put some quick code making a short library so that i could call on mouth.smile in my code for AgoBo. I could probably make the code more efficient but this was a quick first attempt. I will try and get the code uploaded to my Git Hub repository when I have a chance to connect up AgoBo to the network

I have also added a talking mouth pattern to the different expressions that I may use if add some sound later on.

My next plan is to use some of the now free GPIO pins to light up some fibre optics I was given by my wife to make some hair. The current plan is to have the hair change colour to suit AgoBo's current emotions but some cycling also seems an appealing idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment