Wednesday 21 January 2015

Low cost Raspberry Pi Visualiser

The kit I revived from takeing part in the Element 14 Raspberry Pi Educators Roadtest gave me another project idea.

After delivering CPD at Sheffield Hallam University i was very envious of their AV set up with a visulaiser and PC and RPi all connected to the screen. I can't make all this happen but with the RPi and camera I can make my own.

For work with the Raspberry Pi the box was even the right size to make a stand so i added a lighting solution (cheap torch from the garage and/or a clip on e reader light. Now for under £40 I had a visulaiser set up that i could use in the classroom.


A quick mock up above shows the basic idea but I'll post the full details here once it has been completed along with the python code to control the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment